D-TAR Equinox 3-Band Parametric/Notch Equalizer
Seymour Duncan and Rick Turner have joined forces to design gear. The EquinoxTM is a low-noise 3 band parametric equalizer and preamp, equally suited for both studio and live use. The frequency sweep control, bandwidth control, and boost/cut control provide musicians with the means to correct - or enhance - very specific tonal problem areas.
Another very useful feature is the dual notch filters; they're very narrow-band EQ points that can be used to control or eliminate acoustic feedback. In testing this unit, we were amazed by how little the notch filters affected the overall tone - at first we thought our test unit might be broken! However, we intentionally created feedback, and discovered that they were effective in "notching out" the problem frequencies and reducing/killing the feedback. Cool!
- 3 Band Parametric Equalizer Preamp - Allows precise EQ control to correct or enhance very specific tonal problem areas with frequency sweep control, bandwidth control, and boost/cut control
- Two independent notch filters - Eliminate acoustic feedback
- 20 dB gain switch - Provides instant gain
- True bypass switching of non-activated functions - Bypass switch removes entire EQ and notch filter sections from signal chain leaving only high impedance, low noise input and buffered output
- High quality components - Extremely low noise and distortion, audiophile quality sound
- Mute switch - Allows complete shut off of rig
- 1/4 stereo input jack - Allows connecting input and output to Solstice on a single, stereo cable
- Simply connect a short TRS cable - like the one we sell - from the "effects loop" insert jack on the Solstice to the input of the Equinox; this will create a TWO-WAY (out from the Solstice to the Equinox and back to the Solstice again!) connection, allowing you to use the Equinox's powerful EQs and notch filters with either channel of the Solstice.
- Compact, portable design - Can be used as a stand-alone preamp for ultra portable instrument amplification systems
- Input stage - Extremely low noise and low distortion
- Maximum input signal - 8.5 VRMS @ unity gain setting/.85 VRMS @ +20dB gain
- Slew Rate - 22V/us
- Input impedance - 2Meg ohms
- Thd - <.003% @ 1Vo
- Noise - All controls set "flat/118dBV, referred to input with gain set at +20dB
- All controls set "flat"/106dBV, referred to input with gain set at unity
- "Worst Case noise " - 94dBV, all EQ set to full boost, all Q controls set to full narrow, frequency controls set to highest frequency.
- 3 Band EQ - each band has adjustable Q (bandwidth) from .58 to 9.4 with 15 dB of boost and cut available
- Low Frequency Band - Frequency adjustable from 39 Hz to 408 Hz
- Midrange Frequency Band - Frequency adjustable from 212 Hz to 2.35 KHz
- High Frequency Band - Frequency adjustable from 1.8 KHz to 20 KHz
- Notch Filters - Q (bandwidth) fixed at 9.0 with 15 dB of cut available
- Notch Filter #1: Frequency adjustable from 40 Hz-400
- Notch Filter #2: Frequency adjustable from 80 Hz-800