Earthquaker Devices Levitation™ Reverberation Machine V2
Have you ever wanted your tone to soar like a majestic eagle in a vast canyon? Perhaps you are a simpler mortal and just want your tone to echo like the cries of a sparrow in a small room... Now you can do both like a champ plus a whole lot more! Welcome to the Levitation™ reverberation machine! This Levitation device is a vintage-voiced reverb that aims to fit somewhere between dirty sixties chambers, classic spring and the big, ringing plate reverbs of days gone by. Four knobs and one switch control quite a bit more than you’d expect. Want a slap back small room sound? Set all of your controls to the minimum and use the mix to dial in the sound of room devoid of any thing but a guitar and amp. Want to revel in infinite spatial oscillations? Flip the toggle to Long, turn up the Atmosphere and Decay then tune out. Dial in a bright chiming slap back by turning the Tone all the way counterclockwise and reducing the Decay. Dime everything for a rattling, full-bandwidth assault. You are only limited by your imagination!
1. Mix: This controls how much wet signal is blended in with the dry. More reverb clockwise, less counterclockwise.
2. Length (Toggle): Broad stroke control for decay time. Shorter to left, longer to the right.
3. Decay: Controls the length of the reverb decay. Longer clockwise, shorter counterclockwise.
4. Tone: This is an input bandwidth control for the reverberated signal. All the way clockwise reduces all low end content to make a brighter reverb, turning counterclockwise allows more low end to pass through resulting in a fuller reverberated tone.
5. Atmosphere: This is a harmonic regeneration control, it feeds the upper frequencies of the reverb trails back through to create a more harmonic (ringing) reverb. More atmosphere clockwise, less counterclockwise.
This device features Flexi-Switch® Technology! This relay-based, true bypass switching style allows you to simultaneously use momentary and latching style switching.
For standard latching operation, tap the footswitch once to activate the effect and then tap again to bypass.
For momentary operation, hold the footswitch down for as long as you’d like to use the effect. Once you release the switch the effect will be bypassed.
Since the switching is relay based, it requires power to pass signal.
This device takes a standard 9 volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. DO NOT RUN AT HIGHER VOLTAGES!