ToadWorks Death Rattle is a Professional Series effect pedal consisting of two channels of overdrive, as well as an independently switchable boost. Each channel has been precisely designed to emulate classic tube amps sounds: the Tweed channel does a dead-on impression of an early era American tube amp, and the Plexi side delivers high-gain crunch of the classic British amplifiers.delivers high-gain crunch of the classic British amplifiers.
The clean boost is re-routable via a mini toggle switch located directly above the boost pot. This allows you to place the boost in front of, or after the overdrive circuits, and it's all True Bypass.
If you have been looking for great tube amp sounds in a box, your search is over. All the tone you will ever need is in the ToadWorks Death Rattle.
- On/Off Switch: Turns the effect on/off. This switch is wired for true-bypass; when it is off, your signal is routed around the distortion circuit, regardless of where the other switches and controls are set.
- Tweed/Plexi Switch: Selects between the Tweed and Plexi circuits. The LED for the currently selected mode will ALWAYS be lit, regardless of it the effect is on or off, so you'll never have to wonder what will happen when you kick it on.
- Boost Switch: Turns the CLEAN boost on/off. When the distortion circuit(s) are engaged, the boost circuit will either a) give you an adjustable increase in gain, bottom end and sustain, or b) significantly increase the overall volume of the distorted signal. When the distortion circuit is bypassed, the boost circuit will increase the volume with a linear frequency response - ot will NOT alter the tone. This switch is wired for true-bypass; when it is off, your signal is routed around the boost circuit, regardless of where the other switches and controls are set. The boost circuit is independent of the distortion circuit - this means that even with the distortion effect off, you can still use the boost feature!
- PRE/POST Switch: Changes the clean boost from PRE-overdrive to POST-overdrive.
- Tone (Tweed): Contols the tone of the Tweed Circuit.
- Gain (Tweed): Controls the amount of gain in the circuit.
- Level (Tweed): Contols the output level of the Tweed Circuit.
- Boost: Controls the amount of boost. When the distortion circuits are bypassed, this controls the volume of the boost effect. When the distortion circuits are engaged, depending on where the Boost toggle switch (located directly above the boost control) is set, this will either a) control the amount of increased gain present in the signal, or b) control the amount of overall volume boost.
- Tone (Plexi): Contols the tone of the Plexi circuit.
- Gain (Plexi): Controls the amount of gain in the circuit.
- Level (Plexi): Contols the output level of the Plexi circuit.
Death Rattle features three true-bypass circuits, so your tone won't suffer went you want a little peace and quiet. Each pedal is carefully manufactured by hand, using only the finest components.
||(h)7.2" x (w)4.6" x (d)2.5"
||9 Volt DC
|Recommended AC Adaptor
||Boss part # PSA-120T
||2.1mm barrel connector
||Tip: Negative (-)
|Audio Signal Connector
||1/4" phone plug