Walrus Audio Eras Five-State Distortion
Eras is a no apologies, high-gain distortion that’s ready to chug, shred, and palm mute with tight response and multiple clipping options.
Eras is a no apologies, high-gain distortion that’s ready to chug, shred, and palm mute with tight response and multiple clipping options. Use the Blend knob at max for a full distortion onslaught or roll back the Blend knob to creatively stack and mix other dirt pedals placed in front of Eras. Great for bassists that want to blend in their dry signal as well. Anywhere you set it, the Eras is ready to deliver a diverse world of speaker ripping sounds.
The Eras features a five-position rotary knob that offers the following gain states:
I. Tight mode with a slight mid-cut, LED hard clipping, and internal volume control. Fastest response, great for palm muting.
II. Tight mode with a slight mid-cut and silicon hard clipping. Smooth with added compression.
III. Dual clipping mode with a slight mid-cut and both silicon and LED hard clipping. Rich & full with added sustain.
IV. Rhythm mode with a deeper mid-cut, LED hard clipping, and internal volume control. Scooped mids, tight response.
V. Rhythm mode with a deeper mid-cut and silicon hard clipping. Rhythmic, warm and full.
Think of each position as a different “flavor” of the pedal. Blend in dry signal or other pedals in combination with the gain states for a near-infinite amount of distortion sounds.
- The Eras comes in a “transparent red” enclosure color with yellow, cream and black ink. Artwork features a stoic four horned, winged bull illustrated by Adam Forster.
- 9V DC, center negative, 100mA min – 2.62 x 4.77 x 2.25 inches including knobs.
- The use of an isolated power supply is recommended for powering all Walrus Audio Pedals.
- Daisy chain power supplies are not recommended.
- Power supply not included.