Boss OC-5 Octave Pedal
Fusing classic BOSS octave tones with the latest tracking technologies, the BOSS OC-5 sets a new standard in octave pedal performance. Vintage mode provides a spot-on recreation of the legendary mono OC-2 from 1982, while Poly mode offers numerous enhancements for extended-range playing. And with the addition of an octave-up feature, a span of three octaves is now available for creative exploration. From fat, low mono sounds to octave-shifted chords and more, the OC-5 delivers the widest range, finest sound quality, and best playability in any octave stomp to date.
- The industry-standard octave pedal, updated with enhanced features
- Newly developed tracking technology provides more accurate response and natural feel with no latency
- Vintage mode faithfully reproduces the mono sound of the original OC-2
- Poly mode for chord playing; Range knob sets the note range where the effect is applied
- Lowest Range setting in Poly mode applies the octave effect to only the lowest note in a chord
- New octave-up effect, available on its own or blended with octave-down effects
- Mode switch optimizes the tracking engine for guitar or bass
- Direct out for wet/dry setups
- BOSS five-year warranty
- Introduced in 1982, the OC-2 was the world’s first modern octave pedal for guitar and bass. Still loved by players everywhere, the stomp’s warm-yet-present tone sits perfectly in a mix, and its characteristic voice can be heard in many famous songs. The OC-5’s Vintage mode brings you the OC-2’s iconic mono sound, coupled with improved response thanks to the new tracking engine. Dedicated level controls are provided for -1 and -2 octave effects and the direct sound, giving you quick access to an endless variety of sub-octave colors.
- Nominal Input Level-20 dBu
- Input Impedance1 M ohmNominal
- Output Level-20 dBu
- Output Impedance1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass Buffered bypass
- ControlsPedal switch, GUITAR/BASS switch, VINTAGE/POLY switch, DIRECT LEVEL knob, +1OCT knob, -1OCT knob, -2OCT/RANGE knobIndicatorCHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)ConnectorsINPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
DIRECT OUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
DC IN jackPower SupplyAlkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61 or 6LF22)
AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)Current Draw60 mAExpected battery life under continuous useAlkaline: Approx. 5 hours
*These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- Options (sold separately)AC adaptor: PSA series
- SIZE AND WEIGHTWidth73 mm
2-7/8 inchesDepth129 mm
5-1/8 inchesHeight59 mm
2-3/8 inchesWeight (including battery)440 g
1 lb* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.