The DLS Effects RotoSIM rotary speaker simulator. DLS made sure this effect has all the adjustments any musician could want to dial in any type of rotary speaker cabinet sound imaginable. The Tweeter and Bass adjustments allow you to add or reduce the amount of horn intensities. Fast and Slow speed panel pots allow the rotation speeds to be dialed to taste along with the Ramp time. Use this effect with or without our internal overdrive circuit which simulates clipping like the real deal. Internal trim pots let you to the Blend, Bass Lag Speed, I/O Volumes, and more! As in all DLS units, we use the analog instrument signal and mix it with the RotoSIM sound (this leaves your instrument sound and tone as is). There are just too many features to put in a paragraph, so take a look at the “Features” list below.
- Fast/Slow Switch: Select Fast or Slow speed by pushing and releasing this momentary switch
- On/Off Switch: Engages the effect when On (green LED will light), True bypass when Off.
- Ramp Time: Controls how long it takes to ramp up or down to the set speed (when switching from Fast to Slow, or Slow to Fast speeds)
- Slow Speed: Controls the Slow spin speed (~12:00 O’clock position is actual Rotating speaker slow speed)
- Fast Speed: Controls the Fast spin speed (~12:00 O’clock position is actual Rotating speaker fast speed)
- Tweeter Level: Adjusts how much and how intense the Tweeter horn is.
- Bass Level: Adjusts how much and how intense the Bass horn (drum) is.
- Overdrive On – Off switch: Selects between no overdrive (clean), and internal overdrive effect
- Overdrive Gain: Controls how much overdrive is added (when Overdrive is On)
- Tweeter Spin LED: Blinks at the tweeter horn spin rate
- Bass Spin LED: Blinks at the bass horn (drum) spin rate
- Two inputs and two outputs for : Mono in-Mono Out, or Mono in-Stereo Out, or Stereo in-Stereo Out (all ¼” jacks)
- Internal Blend pot: mix the amount of un-processed analog signal with RotoSIM sound
- Internal INA Pot: Adjusts the input gain level of Input A
- Internal OUTA Pot: Adjusts the volume of OUTA
- Internal INB Pot: Adjusts the input gain level of Input B
- Internal OUTB Pot: Adjusts the volume of OUTB
- Internal Bass Lag Pot: Pot to adjust how much time the Bass rotor lags the Tweeter speed
- Internal Effect Response Pot: Adjustment for RotoSIM sound, liquid or dryer throbbing.
- Analog instrument signal is maintained and mixed with the RotoSIM effect signals.
- Extremely warm sounding and versatile.
- Runs from 9vdc (any polarity jack)
- 9vdc input, any polarity (Worry free if using your 9volt pedal board supply)
- 9vdc transformer included
- All steel enclosure, steel pots, and steel jacks
- Powder coated enclosure (more durable than standard painting
- Designed and manufactured in the USA by engineers who are also musicians
- Every effect is tested by an engineer/musician
- Outputs: Output A (Normal)
Technology: Custom hybrid consisting of analog circuitry combined with and 16bit digital electronics. This unique circuitry has allowed the warmth of analog to blended with the power of digital!
Sample rate: 44.1KHZ, 256x over sample
Outputs: Output A (Normal)
Output B (Slightly Deeper RotoSIM sound)
Power: 9vdc, 80ma, 2.1mm jack (DC adapter included)
*The internal circuit will accommodate any polarity of input jack.
Enclosure: Solid heavy gauge steel
5.5”W x 4.9”D x 2.4”H
Controls: Steel switches, pots, and ¼” jacks
Weight: 2½ lbs.